Sauk Valley Community College Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes for January 23, 2012
The Board of Trustees of Sauk Valley Community College met in regular session at 7:00 pm on January 23, 2012 in the Third floor board room at Sauk Valley Community College, 173 Illinois Route #2, Dixon, Illinois.
Call to Order
Chair Andersen called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. and the following members answered roll call:
- Ed Andersen
- Robert Thompson
- Andrew Bollman
- Lisa Wiersema
- Scott Stoller
- Student Trustee Halstead
- William Simpson
- Margaret Tyne
- President George J. Mihel
- Attorney Miller
- Academic Vice President Alan Pfeifer
- Dean of Business Services Paula Meyer
- Director of Building and Grounds John Ditto
- Dean of Health Professions Janet Lynch
- Coordinator of Marketing and Public Relations Rachel Marco
- Administrative Assistant Debra Dillow
It was moved by Member Bollman and seconded by Member Stoller that the Board approve the Consent Agenda. In a roll call vote, all voted aye. Student Trustee Halstead advisory vote: aye. Motion carried.
Dr. Mihel distributed to the Board a report from Lt. Governor Sheila Simon on degree and certificate completion for Illinois Community Colleges. Paula Meyer provided a presentation on financial projections for the next five years and also the tentative signage plan for our campus.
- Member Bollman indicated that he, Member Wiersema, Member Tyne, Student Trustee Halstead and Dr. Mihel will attend the ICCTA Legislative Summit in Washington during February.
- Student Trustee
- Student Trustee Halstead provided an overview of the events sponsored by the college and Student Government in the month of January and also upcoming events for February. He also reported on his attendance at the ICCB Student Advisory Committee meeting.
Board Policy Review
Dr. Mihel reviewed Board Policies 602.03 College Placement Policy, 603.01 Student Records and will recommend no changes. He reviewed Board Policy 613.03 Policy for Posting Materials and will recommend changes.
Board Policy 510.02 Safe Vehicle Use (First Reading)
It was moved by Member Stoller and seconded by Member Wiersema that the Board approve Board Policy 510.02 Safe Vehicle Use for first reading. In a roll call vote, all voted aye. Student Trustee Halstead advisory vote: aye. Motion carried.
Closed Session Minutes of December 19, 2011
It was moved by Member Bollman and seconded by Student Trustee Halstead that the Board approve the closed session minutes of December 19, 2011. In a roll call vote, all voted aye. Student Trustee Halstead advisory vote: aye. Motion carried.
Since the scheduled business was completed, it was moved by Member Stoller and seconded by Member Bollman that the Board adjourn. In a roll call vote, all voted aye. Student Trustee Halstead advisory vote: aye. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:45 p.m.