Goal: Students will develop and apply various general education competencies through the study of mathematics.
- Students will interpret mathematical models such as formulas, graphs, tables, and schematics and draw inferences from them.
- Students will represent mathematical information symbolically, visually, numerically and verbally.
- Students will use arithmetic, algebraic, geometric, and statistical methods to solve problems.
- Students will estimate and check answers to mathematical problems in order to determine reasonableness, identify alternatives and select optimal results.
- Students will recognize the limitations of mathematical and statistical models.
View the full Program Objectives Document (.doc).