Administrative Assistant to Recruitment
Sauk Valley Community College invites applications from innovative individuals for a full-time opening as an Administrative Assistant to Recruitment. The administrative assistant will perform responsible secretarial and administrative duties for the Recruitment Office. This is a twelve month position that is available immediately. The College offers a liberal fringe benefits package and does not deduct FICA from paychecks. Sauk Valley Community College is an institution of higher education that provides quality learning opportunities to meet the diverse needs of its students and community.
- Perform responsible secretarial functions including correspondence, contracts, preparation of reports, answering the phone, public relations, maintenance of confidential information and providing general information upon request to high schools.
- Schedule the Recruiters' calendars, including making appointments, scheduling meetings and reserving meeting rooms as needed.
- Assist with registering dual credit students.
- Provide prospective students and parents with information about SVCC.
- Responsible for database mailings.
- Assist with providing summer informational meetings for parents and students.
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the annual budget.
- Assist in developing detailed periodic reports, compiling and entering data for compliance with state guidelines.
- Work with the Business Office to coordinate billing procedures for all dual credit students and monitor student accounts in order to collect overdue balances.
- Input student information into the Banner computer system for mass mailings.
- Work with the bookstore to obtain book requisition forms for all Dual Credit faculty.
- Prepare class schedules, including additions, revisions, cancellations, and room assignments for each semester for all Dual Credit classes.
- Coordinate and organize workshops for the Recruiters.
- Proctor placement testing for Dual Credit students as necessary.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
High school diploma or GED and three to five years of responsible secretarial experience required; Associates preferred. Proficiency in computer word processing and spreadsheet required. Must have good communication and human relations skills.
Review of applications will begin immediately; however, to ensure full consideration please submit application materials by January 31, 2013. A cover letter and resume are required.
SVCC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and is interested in receiving applications from individuals who would enhance the diversity of the College. Sauk Valley Community College is an institution of higher education that provides quality learning opportunities to meet the diverse needs of its students and communities.