Sauk Valley Community College seeks innovative individual for a 2nd shift Campus Security Officer. Campus security provides security services for the buildings, grounds, equipment and occupants of Sauk Valley Community College. This position works within the Department of Buildings and Grounds to ensure a safe learning and working environment. Normal hours for fall and spring semesters are Monday through Friday 2:30 p.m. to 11 p.m. Hours may vary during the summer and when classes are not in session. Sauk Valley Community College is an institution of higher education that provides quality learning opportunities to meet the diverse needs of its students and community.
1. Perform security patrols of the buildings and grounds.
2. Provide security and/or escort assistance as requested.
3. Open and close the building according to daily needs; prevent unauthorized entry.
4. Ensure security-related rules and policies of SVCC are followed and enforce them as needed.
5. Maintain a daily activities log; file incident reports as needed.
6. Perform duties as a member of the Crisis Management team in emergency situations.
7. Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Security Supervisor.
High school diploma or GED required. One year related experience is required. Certification in First Aid, CPR, pressure point tactics and automated external defibrillators must be completed within a set probationary period.
Please apply on-line at svcc.edu/Job Opportunities using the "apply now" button. Review of applications will begin immediately; however, to ensure full consideration please submit application materials by May 24, 2013. A cover letter and resume are required.
SVCC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and is interested in receiving applications from individuals who would enhance the diversity of the College. Sauk Valley Community College is an institution of higher education that provides quality learning opportunities to meet the diverse needs of its students and communities.