Employment OpportunitiesApply Now!
Sauk Valley Community College is a comprehensive community college located in a picturesque rural setting in northwestern Illinois. Located along the scenic Rock River, between the cities of Dixon and Sterling; the College is one hour from Rockford and the Quad Cities and two hours west of Chicago.
Recruiters are responsible for the development, coordination, and operation of the Sauk Valley Community College's student recruitment program. This is a full-time, twelve month position which has a liberal fringe benefits program. Occasional evenings and weekends are required.
- Maintain a comprehensive student recruitment program.
- Build and maintain effective relationships between the area high schools and the College.
- Plan and provide for activities and communications with potential students and parents.
- Coordinate dual credit curricular needs offered to area high school students with the College deans and departments.
- Articulate coursework when appropriate with area high schools and provide an up-to-date list to appropriate College personnel.
- Provide coordinate with high school counselors to assist in the transition of dual credit students.
- Counsel, advise, and recruit all dual credit students.
- Assist with the student academic assessment and placement program.
- Work with students, parents, and faculty to monitor student performance.
- Collect ACT scores, assessment scores, and high school transcripts from each dual credit student enrolled at the College.
- Ensure ACT scores and names of juniors/seniors are entered into the BANNER system.
- Arrange and organize meetings with high school counselors, school administrators, community groups, and business organizations to coordinate curriculum development.
- Develop and implement in-service training for staff, faculty, counselors, and administrators.
- Assist with articulation agreements with secondary schools, the career center, and the College.
- Assist in the development of auxiliary programs and services designed to assist students, such as scholarship programs, recruitment, and retention.
- Provide K-8 students and families the skills and knowledge necessary to understand and navigate policies/procedures associated with the College experience.
- Represent SVCC to recruit potential students at activities such as job and trade fairs, community activities, and area businesses.
- Coordinate services and activities with other College departments, which enhance recruitment activities and connect the College with prospective students.
- Organize and coordinate a peer recruitment program, which includes activities such as facilitating campus tours, recruitment and/or retention activities, and delivering special College events.
- Assist with organizing annual fall high school counselor's breakfast.
- Prepare and submit to the Dean of Student Services a monthly report summarizing activities and accomplishments of the previous month.
- Develop in cooperation with the Dean, annual goals and objectives.
- Assume all other professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Dean.
Requirements include a Bachelor's degree in a related field and one year of experience, preferably in a community college. Experience in recruitment and retention preferred. Strong oral communication skills required.
Please apply on-line at svcc.edu/Job Opportunities using the "apply now" button. Review of applications will begin immediately; however, for full consideration please submit application materials by August 3, 2012. Please include resume, unofficial transcripts, and cover letter. If you have questions, please contact us at:
SVCC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and is interested in receiving applications from individuals who would enhance the diversity of the College. Sauk Valley Community College is an institution of higher education that provides quality learning opportunities to meet the diverse needs of its students and communities.