Student Services Mission Statement
Sauk Valley Community College Student Services is committed to providing comprehensive programs and services in a supportive, caring, and challenging learning environment for the purpose of allowing its students the opportunity to take the initiative and responsibility for their total development including their educational, professional and personal goals.
Student Services Statement of Commitment
- SVCC Student Services is student centered.
- We believe in the dignity, uniqueness, and growth of each individual and the fundamental right of each person to realize his or her fullest potential.
- We believe Student Services is an integral part of the total learning experience at SVCC.
- We believe in providing friendly, easily accessible, trustworthy and efficient services in an environment that is caring and confidential.
- We believe in an internal environment that will nurture our values; respect, responsibility, integrity, caring, and fairness.
- We believe in mentoring high standards for our students to model while assisting them in achieving academic excellence.
Student Complaint Procedures
Any full or part-time student may submit a complaint in writing to the Dean of Student Services. The Dean will acknowledge receipt of the complaint within two business days, conduct an investigation, and respond to the student in a reasonable amount of time.
Out-of-state online students should follow the same procedure. They may also contact the Illinois Community College Board at http://www.iccb.org/complaints.html if the issue is not resolved locally first.
Student Services include:
- Admissions & Registration
- Counseling Services
- Student Life
- Disability Support
- Student Support Services
- Auxiliary Services