104.01 Adopting, Rescinding and Revising Board Policies
The following procedures shall be observed by the Board to adopt, rescind or revise Board policies and regulations:
- All policies of the Board shall be deleted, changed or revised by a majority vote of the full membership of the Board at the next regular or special meeting of the Board following the introduction of the matter in a regular meeting of the Board.
- A rule or resolution of a permanent nature may be adopted by a majority vote of the full membership of the Board, if notice of the proposed action is given at a previous meeting in accordance with the above.
- Following the election and seating of new members of the Board, the Board, recognizing that it is a continuing body, assumes all policies, regulations and rules of the preceding Board and continues them in effect until such policies, regulations and rules are amended and rescinded.
- Unless otherwise stated to the contrary, all policies and regulations adopted by the Sauk Valley Community College Board of Trustees shall be in full force and effect at the time of their adoption by the Board.
- The foregoing notwithstanding, the Board of Trustees may make changes in policy by resolution approved by roll call vote at any meeting, without prior written notice or reading, under the following circumstances; (i) in the event a title of a position at the College is changed, references in policies to that position can be changed to use the new title, so long as such change does not have any substantive affect on the policy, (ii) in the event of change of policy number systems, the numbers may be changed, so long as no substantive change is made in the policy or its potential applicability, (iii) in the event of change of statutory citation, the statutory citation may be changed, provided no substantive change in law or policy is reflected by the change in citation.