2014-15 Catalog (Archived Catalog)
The SVCC Lean Manufacturing Certificate has been specifically designed by our local employer to meet the needs in the workplace. Manufacturers make up 30% of the employment in the SVCC college district and are still an excellent employment possibility for many workers.
Work and Employment
The lean manufacturing worker can be employed with several different manufacturing companies including, but not limited to, heavy machinery manufacturing, garage door makers, steel mill, radiator manufacturing, agricultural manufacturing, and other local companies. Many companies in the SVCC district will give hiring preference to those who possess this certificate.
To obtain employment in lean manufacturing, most individuals will be required to possess a high school diploma or GED. A drug test has become customary in most warehousing and distribution companies before hiring.
Program Contacts at Sauk Valley Community College
Counseling Office, 815/835-6354.
Major Field Requirements
- QLT 110 - Overview Lean Manufacuturing 0.5 Semester hour(s)
- QLT 111 - Value Stream Mapping 1 Semester hour(s)
- QLT 112 - 5S System for Shop 0.5 Semester hour(s)
- QLT 113 - Single Piece Flow/Pull Kanban Systems 0.5 Semester hour(s)
- QLT 114 - Quick Changeover/Setup Reduction 0.5 Semester hour(s)
- QLT 115 - Cellular Manufacturing 0.5 Semester hour(s)
Total Hours Required for Certificate: 3.5