2015-16 Catalog (Archived Catalog)
Electronics: Microprocessor Maintenance - Certificate (H64)
This program is designed to prepare a student for employment in the field of microprocessors. The students will be working with robots and the microprocessor controllers and sensors used in industry.
Work and Employment
Computer technicians must be familiar with technical manuals and diagnostic programs for various pieces of computer equipment or systems. Some technicians may specialize in maintaining a particular brand or type of equipment or system, or in performing a certain type of repair.
Program Contacts at Sauk Valley Community College
Academic Advising, 815/835-6354;
Steven McPherson, Assistant Professor of Electronics/Technology, 815/835-6347.
Major Field Requirements
- Mathematics (MAT 106 or higher) 3 Semester hour(s)
- EET 110 - Introduction to Digital Electronics 4 Semester hour(s)
- EET 218 - Microprocessor Architecture and Applications 4 Semester hour(s)
- EET 245 - Programmable Controllers 3 Semester hour(s)
- EET 252 - Industrial Electronics 3 Semester hour(s)
- EET 261 - Advanced Programmable Controllers 3 Semester hour(s)
Total Hours Required for Certificate: 20