2016-17 Catalog (Archived Catalog)
The purpose of the Warehousing and Distribution Specialist curriculum is to meet industry requirements for employees with essential knowledge skills and attitudes to successfully perform in warehousing and distribution positions.
Work and Employment
The SVCC Warehousing and Distribution Specialist (Logistics) program is designed to train entry-level Material Moving workers.
To obtain employment in a warehousing and distribution plant, most individuals will be required to possess a high school diploma or GED. A drug test has become customary in most warehousing and distribution companies before hiring.
Program Contacts at Sauk Valley Community College
Academic Advising, 815/835-6354.
**THIS PROGRAM NOT CURRENTLY OFFERED.
Major Field Requirements
- GSV 110 - Working in the Warehousing Environment 1.5 Semester hour(s)
- GSV 111 - Warehousing and Workforce Skills 1.5 Semester hour(s)
- GSV 112 - Warehousing & Distribution Process 1.5 Semester hour(s)
- GSV 113 - Warehousing Technology Skills 2 Semester hour(s)
- GSV 114 - Representative Warehousing Skills 2.5 Semester hour(s)
Total Hours Required for Certificate: 10