What Do the GED Tests Cover?
Reasoning Through Language Arts(150 minutes)
- Section 1 (35 minutes) *
- Section 2 (45 minutes)
- Student Break (10 minutes)
- Section 3 (60 minutes) *
- *The time allotted for sections 1 and 3 may vary slightly, but the total test time will always be 150 minutes.
Social Studies(90 minutes)
- Section 1 (65 minutes)
- Section 2 (25 minutes)
Mathematical Reasoning(115 minutes)
- Part 1 - (first 5 test questions) calculator not allowed
- Part 2 - (remaining 41 test questions) calculator allowed
U.S. and Illinois Constitution
- 60 questions, no time limit
How Do I Pass the Tests?
Test-takers will need to reach a score of at least 150 on each of the four content areas (Reasoning Through Language Arts, Mathematical Reasoning, Science, and Social Studies) in order to be eligible to receive a high school equivalency credential.
How Do I Register to Take the Tests?
Registration can be done online at GED.com or over the phone at 877-392-6433. Tests will be taken at the Testing Center at Sauk Valley Community College.