At Sauk Valley Community College (SVCC) we know the reason you come to school is to gain the skills you need to prepare for a career in tomorrow's fastest growing job fields. Among those skills, is preparing for and conducting your job search. We cannot guarantee job placement following graduation because your success depends, to a great extent, on your attendance, academic records and hard work. However, we can assist you with the necessary resources to assist you in obtaining career success.
SVCC’s Business Services/Career Services is ready to help you by providing the following services at no cost to all SVCC students:
- Resume Writing & Reviewing your resume
- Cover Letter & Follow-Up Letter Writing
- Assisting in Interviewing Techniques
- Soft Skills Enhancement
- Job Applications & Essentials
- Job Posts & Announcements
- Job Search: Resources for Job Possibilities
- Marketing your skills to potential employers
Career placement services has a wide variety of resources to assist with identifying career opportunities, finding up-to-date information on the latest job market trends, acquiring work experience, and developing job search skills for a successful transition from school to work.
- Glassdoor for Students
- Career Overview pages – Research different industries and career paths relating to your major including occupational outlook, salary trends, and career demographics
- Companies hiring new grads - Real–time information and job openings from companies that want to hire recent graduates
- Entry-level and internship search – A job search that already filters open positions based on student experience level and role
Whether a student is looking for full-time, part-time, internships or want to sharpen job skills, SVCC can provide the tools that will help with career needs.
Contact Business Services located at 3K14 in the Business Office on the Third floor of the east end of campus for services.
Business Services Coordinator