Course Offerings - Summer 2017
There are no course offerings for this search criteria this semester. You may find other courses in the full SVCC BACE schedule.
The Sauk Summer College for Kids (CFK) program is designed to attain the following goals:
- Provide hands-on, in-depth exploration in specialized fields.
- Provide challenging experiences and tools necessary for young people to develop their special interests.
- Expose students to a learning atmosphere that will motivate them to achieve their highest potential.
Class selection should include consideration of the child’s abilities and motivation. Children should be encouraged to select classes according to their own areas of interest and curiosity.
Preparing for Class
Please dress your child appropriately for the weather or to suit the program. Some classes may be messy! Students may bring water bottles; water is always available for refilling. If students are enrolled in the full day College for Kids program they will need a sack lunch that does not require refrigeration.
Where are the classes?
Classes will be held at the Sauk campus. Please bring your children to the seating area in the East Mall. You will need to sign your child in and out of class. They will be escorted to their classrooms.
We are concerned for your children’s safety and ask that you help us by doing the following:
- The parent or guardian is responsible for transportation of the student to and from campus.
- Use the East Mall entrance to drop your children off and to pick them up. You will need to come into the building with your child to sign them in and out.
- Students are expected to arrive at the East Mall no more than 15 minutes before the stated class time and to be picked up promptly when class is over unless they are enrolled in before and/or after care.
- If your child must leave class early for any reason, please send a note indicating the time of departure and who will pick up your child.
A 100% refund will be issued for registrations that are canceled at least 7 days prior to the start of the class. Partial refund given at least 48 hours prior to the start of the class. No refund given after that time.
First come, first served
Be sure to register early for your first choice of classes as registration forms will be processed on a first come, first served basis. Seating is limited.
Payment by cash, check, or credit card is required at time of registration.
CFK staff reserves the right to dismiss students from classes for disciplinary reasons. All students are expected to behave in positive and productive ways in CFK classes. Students, whose behavior interferes with other students’ opportunities to learn and/or the instructor’s opportunities to teach, forfeit their own opportunities to participate in CFK classes. If a student demonstrates unsatisfactory behavior, the student will be dismissed from the program and a parent will be called to pick up the child immediately. No refunds will be given.
Class cancellations and changes
Sauk reserves the right to cancel classes due to low enrollment, to change instructors, and to make small changes in the course content. A full refund will be issued for any class canceled by the college.
Looking for the perfect gift for that special child? Try a CFK gift certificate. Tuition certificates are now available for all CFK programs. For more information, call 815-835-6212.