Morrison Community Hospital (Med Lab Tech )
Morrison Community Hospital
Contact DetailsRachel Connor
Provides clinical care through the performances of laboratory based diagnostic tests and services. Facilitates analysis of fluids and results as generated by procedures. Responsible for performing procedures in chemistry, hematology, blood bank, urinalysis, serology and bacteriology in a correct and complete manner. Responsible for performing phlebotomies, arterial punctures, collection of specimens and urine drug screens as requested. Works under supervision of Laboratory Director. Ages served range from newborn to geriatric.
1. Performs, records, and evaluates daily quality control and instrument function and maintenance.
2. Performs procedures in chemistry, hematology, blood bank, urinalysis, serology and microbiology correctly and completely.
3. Recognizes and reports normal and abnormal patient values to physicians and RN's.
4. Assists with implementation of new testing procedures.
5. Assists in maintaining area to meet accrediting agency standards.
6. Performs phlebotomies routinely and collection of specimens as requested.
7. Demonstrates competence with the hospital and laboratory computer systems.
8. Communicate with physician, nurses, and ancillary caregivers concerning testing results.
9. Rotates in all services of the Laboratory as needed.
10. Demonstrates proper techniques in order to minimize duplication of testing and maintaining instruments to prevent costly repairs and downtime.
11. Demonstrates the proper use, care and maintenance of laboratory equipment, tools, materials, and supplies for the appropriate work areas.
12. Ensures that procedural performance and behavior does not result in physical or psychological discomfort to the patient or others associated with patients.
13. Obtains prompt, accurate test results to aid the healthcare provider with treatment of the patient.
14. Performs Lab Assistant duties as needed.
15. Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of Morrison Community Hospital.
16. Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and Local laws and regulations.
1. Must be a graduate of an approved, accredited medical laboratory technology program; or the equivalent as determined by the Department of Health and Human Service.
2. Must be a Registered Medical Laboratory Technician (American Society of Clinical Pathologists or equivalent).
3. Must work with exacting numbers, have good eye-hand coordination, possess good color discrimination, manual dexterity, window-based computer skills, communication skills, customer service skills, phlebotomy skills, organization and multi-tasking skills.
4. 12-month work experience preferred.
5. Must be able to demonstrate basic computer skills in a Windows environment.
6. Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
7. Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring