The SBA Online Learning Center has free Self-Paced Courses ranging from accounting, business start-up, human resource to franchising your business.
- Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity – Entrepreneurship and Small Business: The state of Illinois small business assistance including information on starting a new business, financing, location, rules and regulations.
- US Small Business Administration: Programs and information to help you start, grow and succeed in business, current available loans
- Business USA: Information on government programs and advisors to help expand, export, or open a business in Illinois.
- Illinois.gov: Links to services, agencies, information on managing your business, managing your employees, consumer and links to licenses, permits and registrations.
- IRS: Small business tax information
- BizFilings.com: Business Owner’s Toolkit includes research topics, guides and tools to help in all aspects of a business.
Helpful sites on how to write a business plan, including examples.
- BPlans: Free sample business plans and various business plans for a fee
- Formswift: Free sample business plan, free business plan form and explanation of a business plan
- Shopify: The ultimate guide to business plans
- Small Business Development Center National Information Clearinghouse: Small business help topics, research reports and Market Research links containing web resources sorted by industry type.