Your academic advisor is available through email and telephone to answer your questions and to help plan for your summer and fall classes. You can schedule a telephone call or video conference appointment with your assigned advisor* at svcc.edu/appointment. You can also call or email your advisor with quick questions at the contact information listed below.
Face to Face appointments are available by appointment only on a limited basis. Contact your advisor or call (815) 835-6233 for more information.
Academic Advisor contact Information:
- Mandy Aldridge; (815) 835-6390; email@example.com
- Scott Heck; (815) 835 - 6326; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jennifer Hooker; (815) 835-6271; email@example.com
- Valerie Kern-Lyons; (815) 835-6204; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ashleigh Sorenson; (815) 835-6368; email@example.com
- Kristen Widolff; (815) 835-6348; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stephanie Jacobs; (815) 835-6384; email@example.com
* Please log into your SOAR account to identify your assigned Academic Advisor. Select “Student Services” then “ Student Profile.” Your assigned advisor will be listed under Advisors.
Academic advising is available via telephone (815) 835-6354 and email firstname.lastname@example.org for quick questions concerning educational/class planning, career exploration, and resource assistance. Extensive questions require an appointment.
If you are a TRIO or SHARP student, please contact your program advisor for assistance.
TRIO Advisor contact information:
- Taylor Baker; (815) 835-6226; email@example.com
- Charidy Draws; (815) 835-6233; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sasha Logan; (815) 835-6243; email@example.com
SHARP Advisor contact information:Ashleigh Sorenson; (815) 835-6368; firstname.lastname@example.org
Admissions & Records is available via telephone at (815) 835-6273 and email email@example.com for records and registration information. When contacting Admissions & Records staff please include a telephone contact number as the staff may need to contact you for verification purposes.
Athletics are currently underway at Sauk Valley Community College. Spring sports in session are Baseball, Golf, Softball, Tennis and Track & Field. Covid protocols are in place for safety at all home and away contests, as well as at all practices.
More information about athletics at the NJCAA level, see the NJCAA website at NJCAA.org.
Fitness Center Now Open with limited service and restrictions.
The Fitness Center will begin limited service (two days a week) on April 19, 2021. The center will be open from 8AM to Noon, and 1PM to 4PM on Mondays and Thursdays only. Covid safety protocols, such as masks and strict cleaning policies will remain in place at all times. Capacity is limited and short wait-times are possible. If the maximum capacity becomes a problem, an appointment system may be utilized.
To check capacity prior to arrival, please call the Fitness Center desk at 815-835-6467.
If you need to make a payment:
- Log in to your SOAR account
- Select Student Services (Including Financial Aid)
- Choose student payment portal – Nelnet; Follow the prompt to create an account (first time only)
- Choose Make a Payment
- Select account to pay and fill in payment amount
- Choose next, complete payment method information (credit or debit cards, electronic check) verify information is complete and authorize payment.
Account or Payment Questions
For student account or payment questions, email Rhonda Tompkins at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (815) 835-6295.
Summer and Fall 2021 Payment Plans.
To enroll in a payment plan through Nelnet:
- Log in to your SOAR account
- Select Student Services (including Financial Aid)
- Click on make a payment
- Select payment plan/manage my plan
Nelnet Payment Plan Questions
For Nelnet payment plan questions, email Rhonda Tompkins at email@example.com or call (815) 835-6295.
1098-T Tax Forms:
Current students can view and print their 1098-T tax forms by:
- Logging into their SOAR account
- Choose Student Services (including Financial Aid)
- Choose 1098-T Tax Information
- Enter the Tax Year (2019) and click submit
- Choose Tax Notification to view the 1098-T
For 1098-T tax form questions, email Toni Skoog at firstname.lastname@example.org call (815) 835-6335.
SVCC counseling staff would like to extend compassion and support in light of current events. Below you will find opportunities to explore how to cope with stress and develop resilience in times of change as well as a collection of community resources. Please feel free to contact the counselors at SVCC if you have any additional questions or concerns. Counseling remains available through the electronic referral form on the SVCC website.
What can I do to manage my stress and/or anxiety?
- Free handouts on stress management
- Free meditations for personal use
- Resilience skills and strategies
- Ideas for self-care
- Crisis hotlines
What community resources are available to me?
- Tri-County Opportunities Council
Tri-County Opportunities Council has additional resources such as emergency services, food pantries, legal services, and physical health and mental health services in your area. Here is the link to the resource booklets for Bureau, Carroll, LaSalle, Lee, Marshall, Ogle, Putnam, Stark and Whiteside Counties.
- United Way
United Way has a free 2-1-1, 24/7 number that you can call for services, resources, and support. United Way will help you find food, mental health resources, and will provide help with paying housing and utility bills.
Disability Support remains ready to assist in any way possible. Please contact Sandra Geiseman, Program Director of Disability Support Services, at (815) 835-6246 or email@example.com with any questions or concerns regarding your documented accommodations.
For students requiring extended test timing, your exam time should be increased even when your exams move online. Please be sure to check in with your instructor in advance of any exam to ensure that your extended time remains in place.
Required forms can be mailed to SVCC Financial Aid, 173 IL Rt 2, Dixon IL. 61021 or faxed to 815-456-4232. Forms will be picked up weekly for processing.
Financial aid awarding, document processing and disbursements will continue with off-campus processing for the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021. Loan processing for the current year is ongoing. 2020-2021 loan processing will begin in May. Loan requests are submitted online.
Students are encouraged to monitor their student account via SOAR for updates.
Financial Assistance staff is working with Business Services to ensure timely disbursements.
GI Bill®recipients - legislation is pending regarding GI Bill®benefits to address colleges changing to an online format for many courses. We will communicate the final decision to impacted students through SVCC email once the changes are final. Updates will also be posted at svcc.edu/veterans.
Learning Commons Tutoring (LCT) is offering online tutoring Monday through Thursday from 8am to 7pm and on Friday from 8am to 2pm. In-person tutoring on campus is available on Monday and Thursday from 8am to 4:30pm. To access a tutoring session, please make an appointment by using the Schedule Appointment button on the LCT webpage. For quick questions, use the Ask a Tutor form on our webpage. Check our schedule for subject specific tutoring availability. If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 815-835-6293.
NetTutor online tutoring remains available to all students. Feel free to use NetTutor when Learning Commons tutors are unavailable.
Databases and eBooks will be available electronically through our library website.
- If you need your library card number, it is just 215160 plus your id number without the @ which should end in a 14 digit number.
- If you have library related questions, please submit the form from our homepage in the area that asks you to “Click here if you have a question for the librarian”.
- If you need citation help, please look at our library home page, student resources, and “Citation Tips and Tools”
- If you need to speak to a librarian, please call (815) 835-6237 or (815) 835-6247 and we will be happy to assist you.
- All items have been renewed until the end of the semester.
Student Activities will be building community, supporting student clubs and organizations, and offering programs all in an online setting. Please follow Student Activities at https://www.facebook.com/SVCC.StudentActivities. For any questions, please contact the Student Activities Coordinator at (815) 835-6432, email@example.com.
The Cross-Cultural Coordinator is available to provide English-Spanish interpreting and translating services. For assistance in Spanish (Para ayuda en Español), contact Ana Salgado at (815) 835-6432 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Testing Center is available via telephone at (815) 835-6530 and email email@example.com for testing related questions.
The Testing Center will be open, but is being utilized for placement testing and professional credential testing.
Respondus LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor are now both available to provide a secure testing option to instructors.
Accuplacer placement testing is offered as an at-home testing option with proctoring being provided by Testing Center staff using Zoom. Students can contact the Testing Center with questions.
( svcc.edu/trio )
TRIO advisors are offering telephone, video conferencing and limited face-to-face appointments, including summer and/or fall registration, general advising, transfer assistance, and more for TRIO students. Please call the TRIO desk at (815) 835-6268 to schedule an appointment. You can also reach your assigned advisor at:
- Charidy Drawz - firstname.lastname@example.org / (815) 835-6223
- Taylor Baker - email@example.com / (815) 835-6226
- Sasha Logan - firstname.lastname@example.org / (815) 835-6243
Applications to join TRIO Student Support Services are currently being accepted. Please fill out the web application at svcc.edu/trio.
Please reach out if you have questions or concerns by calling the TRIO desk at (815) 835-6268.
Schedules are currently available for viewing at svcc.edu/schedule or registration.svcc.edu . Summer and Fall 2021 web registration for eligible students is currently in progress with Summer classes starting June 7th and Fall classes beginning August 16th .
Current students: Contact your Academic Advisor for class planning and registration approval as needed/required. Telephone and video conference appointments can be scheduled at svcc.edu/appointment or call (815) 835-6354 to speak with an Academic Advisor. Admissions & Records staff are available at (815) 835-6273 to assist with registration questions. Students can check their SVCC email, SOAR account, or Student Self-Service for registration information and requirements.
If you are a TRIO or SHARP participant, contact (815) 835-6268 (TRIO) or (815) 835-6408 (SHARP) for registration assistance.
New Students: Contact Admissions & Records at (815) 835-6273 to begin the registration process. Refer to the New Student Registration Checklist for more information.
Academic Advising will be available for call in assistance during posted hours on the Academic advising website.