All students interested in the radiologic technology program at SVCC must satisfy the following criteria:
- Complete the College general admission procedure.
- Attend an informational meeting.
- File an application form with the Office of Dean of Health Professions.
- Complete an academic plan with the Health Counselor.
- Two letters of recommendation on file in the Office of Dean of Health Professions.
- Appointment with Coordinator of Radiologic Technology.
- Complete a hospital visit scheduled by the Coordinator.
- Complete ATI HOBET (Health Occupations Basic Entrance Test) test though SVCC testing center or other approved ATI testing center.
- A “point system” will be utilized to evaluate all qualified applicants. Applicants will be awarded points for completion of specific general education and program admission requirements. These are explained in the Radiologic Technology Admission Handbook given out at the informational meeting.
- The general admission requirements and minimum Selection Requirements must be completed by
- of the year the applicant wishes to be admitted. A “point system” will be utilized to evaluate all qualified applicants. Once all eligible applicants have been evaluated and ranked, students will be admitted from the highest ranking to the lowest, until all spaces are filled. If there are more eligible candidates than there are spaces available, a waiting list will be developed. If the class is not filled, a second evaluation will be implemented after
- . Students who apply after March 1st will be evaluated as spaces are available.
- The Admissions Committee reserves the right to include Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) as a part of the admission process. If you have a CGPA below 2.0, see a counselor to discuss options for remedial measures prior to applying to the Radiologic Technology program.
- Students who have completed 24 credit hours and have a CGPA below 2.0 must complete CSS 100 Student Success Skills with a “C” or better prior to applying to Radiologic Technology program.