Facts and Information
Effective 2015 application cycle: APPLICATION REQUIREMENT FOR RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM
Part of the pre-admission requirements for Sauk Valley Community College Radiologic Technology Program is the TEAS V for Allied Health test. As outlined in the Radiologic Technology admission handbook, bonus points are given based on total score of the test.
What is the TEAS V for Allied Health?
The Test for Essential Academic Skills (TEAS V FOR ALLIED HEALTH) is a multiple-choice assessment of basic academic knowledge in reading, mathematics, science, English and language usage and is offered through ATI (Assessment Technologies Institute) Allied Health. ATI Allied Health is part of Ascend Learning, a leader in providing technology-based educational, assessment,testing and certification solutions for healthcare and other vocational fields. Ascend Learning is renowned for helping people pass high-stakes tests, from nursing to health and fitness training to OSHA compliance training and insurance.
About the TEAS V for Allied Health
The TEAS V for Allied Health is a timed test. Time limit is 209 minutes consisting of 170 four-option multiple choice questions.
- 58 minutes with 48 questions
- 28% of the entire test
- Paragraph and Passage Comprehension 13%
- Informational Source Comprehension 15%
- 51 minutes with 34 questions
- 20% of the entire test
- Numbers and Operations 13%
- Algebraic Applications 3%
- Data Interpretation 2%
- Measurement 3%
- 66 minutes with 54 questions
- 32% of entire test
- Human Body Science 7%
- Life Science 10%
- Earth and Physical Science 9%
- Scientific Reasoning 5%
English and Language Use
- 34 minutes with 34 questions
- 20% of entire test
- Grammar and Word Meanings in Context – 10%
- Spelling and Punctuation 6%
- Structure 4%
Preparing for the TEAS V for Allied Health
For a detailed outline of the test objectives and breakdown of the test by category, go to the Sauk Valley Community College web-site at www.svcc.edu Click on “Academics” in the top menu. Click on “Health Careers” on the drop down menu. Click “Radiography” in the left side menu. Click on “TEAS exam”.
- Copies of TEAS V for Allied Health test preparation, study manuals are available in the Sauk Valley Community College library. (HOBET study guides)
- Study resources are available for purchase at www.atialliedhealth.com.
- Click on the online store in the top menu bar.
- Click on TEAS Prep on the left side menu.
- Add to your cart the resources you desire to purchase.
- You will be required to create an account. Just follow the prompts. Purchases must be done by credit card or debit/credit cards only.
Registering for the TEAS Exam
- Go to www.atitesting.com and click “create account” which is found on the right side of the home screen.
- Select Sauk Valley CC AH as your institution
- Create your username and login. It is very important to keep this newly created ATI Allied Health username and password in a safe place; as this information will be required on the day of testing.
- Call SVCC Testing Center to schedule an appointment time. 815-835-6530.
If you are a current Sauk student, there is no charge for using the testing center for administration of the TEAS V for Allied Health test. If you are not a current Sauk student, a $10 administration fee will be charged for using the testing center. Please pay the administration fee in the business office. You must present the receipt at the testing center. You may phone the business office at any time before the testing date and pay by credit card and the business office will send the payment confirmation to the testing center. Business office phone: 815-835-6295.
Taking the TEAS Exam at a Non-SVCC Affiliated Location
Students may take the test at a location other than Sauk Valley Community College and have the results sent to SVCC. Contact your local testing center for more information on availability of the exam and fees associated with sending the scores to SVCC.
The Day of the Test
1) SVCC campus TEAS V for Allied Health test will be administered in room 1F2 — the testing center. The testing center is located toward the west end of the building.
2) You must bring a valid photo ID, your ATI username and password, a credit card to purchase the exam, and — if applicable — a receipt from the business office (if you are not a current SVCC student).
- Test scores will be available on the ATI website within a few minutes after completing the online TEAS V AH exam by logging into the student account on the allied health website at www.atitesting.com. Click on the “my results” tab in the top menu which will take you to the proctored assessment page. Click on the assessment report of the test in question. Testing center staff will be available to help if needed.
- Print the test score result. A copy of the test results is required to be submitted with your application to the Radiologic Technology Program. Test results will also automatically be sent for placement in the student’s admission file.
Applicants may not test any more than once a semester. Retesting allowed in subsequent semesters. Test may be repeated three times. The last test score will be used for application file.
Students with disabilities that wish to request testing accommodations should contact Karen Alexander, Coordinator Disability Support, room 1G04, 815-835-6246. In order to provide reasonable testing accommodations, requests must be made at least two weeks in advance of the testing date.