Register at the Admissions office and pay fees in the Business office. Those enrolling in PED 150 Sections A and C must attend an orientation/evaluation session. Sign-up at the Fitness Center desk for an appointment and pick all forms.
- Attire should consist of the following: short sleeve shirt, shorts, socks, gym shoes and a towel.
- All forms completed.
- A physicians approval to exercise is required if a person is considered at high risk. Examples are High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, Cardiovascular Disease, Sedentary Lifestyle and Diabetes.
- Test and Evaluations that are offered include: height, weight, * Rest heart rate, * Cardiovascular exercise test, * blood pressure, * sit and reach flexibility, circumference measurements, skin folds (body fat %), muscular endurance sit-ups, and muscular strength push-ups. Test listed with an astrict are required.
- Demonstration of proper form and use of the equipment will be given and seat heights, ranges, and weight selections will be recorded.
- Refrain from consuming caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, etc. at least two hours prior to testing. Eat a light meal 1-2 hoursbefore the evaluation.Â Medication should be taken as prescribed.
- Post-test evaluation are to be completed for all individuals. A mid semester evaluation is offered for anyone interested.
- Log each workout session on your individual activity card and record the exercise session on paper or the computer.
- Each student is required to bring a towel to Each exercise session.
- Check with the Fitness Center staff about the grading scale.
- Anyone taking PED 150-153 for a grade that does not complete the minimum requirement by the end of thesemester will receive an "W" Withdraw grade.
- Pass/Withdraw Option can be taken for individuals not wanting a letter grade. Those wishing to take this option mustfill out a Pass/Withdraw form available in the Admissions Office. You must complete the form before the8th week of class.