Assistant Professor, Chemistry
Bachelor of Chemistry, Judson University
Sauk Valley Community College
- Best way to contact me
- Email preferred firstname.lastname@example.org
- Specialty Areas
- Indiana State University, Master of Science in Chemistry Judson University, Bachelor of Arts in Secondary Education - Physical Sciences
- Courses Taught
- Chem 103 & Chem 105
- ISU Academic Scholarship ISU Chemistry Department Teaching & Graduate Research Assistantship Alpha Chi Honor Society Member Presidential Scholarship recipient Science Department Academic Scholarship
- Spending time with family, exercising, hiking & traveling.
- What I like most about SVCC
- I enjoy working with my students, getting to know them, and helping them learn chemistry. For most of my students, chemistry is prerequisite for their desired career path. It is rewarding to be a part of helping students along their journey to achieving their goals.
- Published Works: Allen, J.M., Gossett, C.J., Allen, S.K., “Photochemical Formation of Singlet Molecular Oxygen in Illuminated Aqueous Solutions of p-Aminobenzoic Acid (PABA)’, Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology B: Biology, Volume 32 (2), page 33 (1996). Allen, J.M., Gossett, C.J., Allen, S.K., “Photochemical Formation of Singlet Molecular Oxygen (1O2) in Illuminated Aqueous Solutions of Several Sunscreen Active Ingredients”, Chemical Research in Toxicology, Volume 9 (3), page 605 (1996). Allen, J.M., Gossett, C.J., Allen, S.K., “Photochemical Formation of Singlet Molecular Oxygen in Aqueous Solutions of Several Sunscreen Active Ingredients”, Photochemistry and Photobiology, Volume 63, page 16 (1996).