Adjunct Faculty, CIS
Master of Instructional Design & Tech, 2009 - Western Illinois University
Bachelor of Management Info Systems, 2006 - Judson University
Sauk Valley Community College
- Best way to contact me
- Email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Specialty Areas
- My areas of specialty are with Microsoft Server Technologies. I am Microsoft Certified in many products and my goals are to continue to keep current as server technology changes.
- Courses Taught
- The courses I have taught are Computer Maintenance and Repair, CIS 169; Network Certification, CIS 151; Introduction to Linux, CIS 250; Security Certification, CIS 197; and the entire suite of Microsoft Certification Preparation courses, CIS 190 to CIS 196.
- My family has been in the Lee County area even before Lee County was an IL County. Therefore local history and genealogy is one of my hobbies. My wife and I like to stay active so we bicycle a lot. We love to travel and especially enjoy trips out west to states like Nevada, Arizona, and Utah.
- What I like most about SVCC
- I teach full-time at the Whiteside Area Career Center and over time, I have developed an excellent relationship with Sauk Valley both personally and professionally. We have developed many dual credit courses that my high school students take that give them an great head start on their college career. Many of my high school students have easily transitioned to SVCC due to this.
- My name is Dana Fellows and I live outside of Dixon IL, near Grand Detour. Although I live near Dixon, I grew up in Tampico IL, where I met my future wife, Jodie. Jodie and I have three children, Caitlyn, Bryce and Rachel. I worked at, Northwestern Steel & Wire Co. (NWSW), in Sterling, for nearly 15 years as a design draftsman. Although my job title was that of a design draftsman, I basically spent a lot of my time working with technology. After the company closed in 2001 I returned to college to obtain a formal degree in Information Technology Management. It was with this education that I was able to find employment with the Lee/Ogle Regional Office of Education, in Grand Detour. I was employed at the Lee/Ogle Regional Office of Education from 2004 until 2007. In the Fall of 2007 I accepted a teaching position at the Whiteside Area Career Center (WACC), in Sterling IL. While at WACC I became involved with teaching many dual credit courses with Sauk Valley Community College. It was with this relationship that has led me to teach additional courses at Sauk Valley. It wasn’t that long ago that I was a laid off worker from Northwestern Steel & Wire Company. I returned to college and was very determined to develop skills that would give me a good career and that would also be recession proof and transferable among different industries. As I meet many students in my classes at SVCC they fit the exact profile that I was in not that long ago. I’m able to share the fact that I too was once laid off and without a job and that with hard work and determination; they can go on and be successful, even if things at the moment don’t look too promising.
Spring 2017 Schedule
Please check with instructor for schedule.