Adjunct Faculty, Criminal Justice
Master of History, 1978 - Southern Ill Univ - Carbondale
Bachelor of Eng Lang and Literature, Gen, 1972 - University of Michigan
Sauk Valley Community College
- Best way to contact me
- Students can normally contact me using my email address (email@example.com). However, if a student has a question or concern that needs immediate attention, they can contact by telephone (815/378-1961).
- Specialty Areas
- I have been a police officer for approximately thirty seven years. Thirty five of those years have been spent conducting criminal investigations. For thirteen years, I supervised the Blackhawk Area Task Force, a two-state (Illinois and Iowa), multi-jurisdictional, drug task force. I also instructed for the Illinois State Police at the Academy in Springfield and throughout the State of Illinois.
- Courses Taught
- From 2000 to 2005, I instructed on campus. During this time, I taught CJS101, CJS120,and CJS130. In 2005, I began teaching online as well as on campus. From 2005 to the present time, I have instructed CJS101, CJS120, CJS130, CJS214, CJS231, and CJS250, either on campus or online.
- The awards I have received resulted from my contribution to criminal investigations involving offenses such as homicide, burglary, and drug trafficking.
- In my younger years, I used to hunt, fish, and read extensively. Nowadays, my "hobby" is trying to finish a total house remodel. I also try to catch a University of Michigan football game now and then. Go Blue!
- What I like most about SVCC
- "Back in the day," my objective was to obtain a doctorate and teach American history. As things turned out, I have had a fulfilling career in law enforcement. However, I enjoy the opportunity SVCC has given me to interact with students and, hopefully, in a small way, to contribute to their post-graduate success.
Spring 2017 Schedule
Please check with instructor for schedule.