Welcome to the Faculty Center for Innovative Teaching (FaCIT) web site for Sauk Valley Community College! Our primary mission is to provide services that meet the individual needs of full and part-time faculty at SVCC as well as contribute to key strategic goals of the College. We also serve as the instructional technology resource team, supporting both faculty and staff. Online education is one of our specialties. We look forward to partnering with you on your instructional or technology projects!
The Faculty Center for Innovative Teaching (FaCIT) is devoted to supporting all teaching and learning environments at SVCC. Its major objectives are to:
- Foster the development of innovative and proactive instructional expertise
- Assist faculty in the integration of technologies that enhance learning
- Provide access to learning through the use of educational technologies
- Provide training and support to faculty and staff in the use of current technologies
Read about the history of the FaCIT department.
Director of FaCIT
Read more about FaCIT staff on our staff page.
What We Do
- Innovative approaches to teaching, learning, and technology integration in all instructional contexts (e.g., face-to-face classes, hybrid, online, compressed video, extended evening classes, lab settings, etc.)
- Dynamic web-site content for faculty learning (www.svcc.edu/facit )
- Multimedia resources (videos [production studio available], podcasts, interactive lessons)
- Project assistance for teaching/learning (e.g., eportfolios, rubric development, technology tool selection, flipped classroom support); includes liaison services to individual curricular areas.
- Professional development for faculty (e.g., Faculty Academy)
- Researching and learning about trends in higher education teaching, learning, and new technology
- Research and planning for instructional technology upgrades and efficient faculty training
- New technologies for potential use at SVCC
- Technical support for all faculty, staff and students through the Help Desk (ext. 229 or firstname.lastname@example.org); asynchronous technical support web pages for after-hour access
- Faculty consultations on teaching, course design and technology integration for all types of formats, including face-to-face, online, hybrid, compressed video, etc.
- Collaboration with College partners (e.g., Faculty Development Committee, Admin Council, Assessment Team, Professional Development Task Force, other committees and task forces)
- Technology-enhanced classroom help and training
- Copyright advice for course materials
- Accessibility, laminating, and media reproduction services for course materials
- Equipment checkout for conference attendance, meetings, etc; checkout and setup for special events on campus.
- SVCC software assistance (e.g., SOAR, Sauk email)
- ITC workstation area for one-on-one technology assistance or training
Phone: 815/835-6229, x229
Fall and Spring Semester Hours:
Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri: 7:30am - 4:30pm;
Wed: 7:30am -7:30 pm
Mon-Thurs: 7:00am -5:00pm
Our department is located on the third floor in the Northeast corner of the building. Take the stairs near the Jerry Mathis Theater to the third floor.
Or, from the elevator, make a 'U' past the Business Office and LAC.