Learn about faculty development classes available to all Sauk employees.
Blogs and Newsletters
- FaCIT Cafe
- News about IT, Moodle updates, and online teaching tips and tools
- Teaching Tips 4 SVCC
- Tips for teaching and learning written by Sauk's FaCIT Director, Dr. Molly Baker
- The Rapid eLearning Blog
- The Rapid E-Learning Blog shares practical tips and tricks to help you become a rapid elearning pro. It is hosted by Tom Kuhlmann who has over 15 years of hands-on experience in the training industry and currently runs the community at Articulate.
- Faculty Focus
- Through its free e-newsletter and dedicated website, Faculty Focus publishes articles on effective teaching strategies for the college classroom — both face-to-face and online.
- Edutopia Blogs
- You'll find practical classroom strategies and tips from real educators, as well as lesson ideas, personal stories, and innovative approaches to improving your teaching practice.
Higher Education News
- Chronical of Higher Education
- The Chronicle of Higher Education is the No. 1 source of news, information, and jobs for college and university faculty members and administrators.
- Inside Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed is the online source for news, opinion and jobs for all of higher education.
- Education NewsHigher Education
Higher Education Organizations and Associations
- Illinois Online Network
- ION seeks to promote the effective use of networked information technologies, to enhance traditional classroom instruction, and to build the foundation for developing, delivering, and supporting online education throughout the world.
- American Association of Community Colleges
- The American Association of Community Colleges (AACC) is the primary advocacy organization for the nation’s community colleges.
- MERLOT is a community of staff, volunteers, and members who work together in various ways to provide users of OER (Open Educational Resource) teaching and learning materials with a wealth of services and functions that can enhance their instructional experience.
- EDUCAUSE® is a nonprofit association and the foremost community of IT leaders and professionals committed to advancing higher education.
- The Sloan Consortium
- The Sloan Consortium (Sloan-C) is the leading professional online learning society devoted to advancing quality e-Education learning into the mainstream of education through its community. Sloan-C is dedicated to providing access to high quality e-Education to individuals, institutions, professional societies and the corporate community. Originally funded by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, Sloan-C is now a non-profit 501(c)(3), member-sustained organization.
- ILLCO Book Study
- Contact Molly Baker for the latest Book and times
- Growing Online Learning Conference, 2014
- LInk takes you to our blog for brief summary of recorded sessions from winter 2014.
- Faculty Summer Institute
- Usually held in late May, Faculty Summer Institute (FSI) is a 3-day conference for higher education instructors and other professionals. Participants come from Illinois state universities, community colleges, private institutions, and out-of-state universities. FSI offers presentations, workshops, and hands-on training involving the latest technological advances in education. Contact FaCIT for more information.