IT Department Services
Contact the IT staff to participate in any of our programs or seek support through our many services, including:
- Individual consultation on course design or integration of other effective teaching and learning strategies into face-to-face, online, hybrid, web-enhanced, compressed video or webconferencing instructional formats
- Professional development opportunities on current teaching and learning best practices via face-to-face workshops and bootcamps, hybrid and online learning opportunities, web-based just-in-time resources, Teaching Tips and SVCC IT Café blogs, etc.
- Individual consultation on legal matters affecting teaching, such as copyright and accessibility of instructional materials; we also provide help with video captioning and creation of transcripts
- Disciplinary consultation on projects for academic programs, such as creation of eportfolios, video production, etc.
- Training and support for faculty utilization of compressed video and other enhanced classrooms, Sauk software (e.g., SOAR, Moodle, Sauk email), and checked out equipment for special events, such as laptops, digital cameras, headphones, tablets, and clickers.
- Researching and tracking of trends in higher education teaching, learning, and new technology use.
- Partnering with faculty to create multimedia instructional materials, such as online tutorials, video clips and podcasts
- Instructional materials services, such as laminating, sign making, duplication of non-copyrighted tapes or CD/DVDs
- Instructional Technology Center workstation/lab area for one-on-one training and private workspace.
Additional services to all College staff:
- Equipment checkout and setup for College events.
- Initial point of contact for technical support for all faculty, staff and students through the Help Desk (ext 229 or FaCIT@svcc.edu); also we maintain technical support web pages for after-hour access.
- Partner with College departments to develop multimedia resources.
- Assist the College in researching and planning for technology upgrades and new equipment purchases for instructional settings.