Innovative Internet Instruction Workshop (i3)
The i3 workshop is an online course designed for instructors interested in learning more about teaching online. The workshop was developed with sound instructional design principles by instructors, for instructors. You will learn the strategies used to teach with the internet while you are learning what it is like to be a student in an online class.
Topics covered include:
- Foundations of online teaching
- Hybrid/Web Enhanced/Fully Online Classes
- Instructional Design Strategies and Online Methodologies
- Aligning objectives, instruction, and assessment in the online course
- Utilizing the Moodle Course Management System
- Web 2.0 Tools
- Best Practices in Online Teaching
This summer, the course will be offered in the original, 8-week long format; however, in the fall it will be offered in a 12-week format for those who would prefer a more relaxed pace.
If you are another institution that would like to use the i3 workshop as part of your faculty development program. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org