Adjunct Faculty, Psychology
Master's Psychology, 2010 - Judson University
Sauk Valley Community College
- Best way to contact me
- E-mail is the best way to contact me. I check messages regularly, so you can expect a reply within 24 hours.
- Specialty Areas
- Psychological research was my focus prior to teaching. Areas included understanding the development of face recognition and racial bias, social-emotional learning, child and adult assessment, and psychopathology. In addition to research I have conducted psychotherapy with children, adolescents and adults. Prior to Dixon I resided in South Bend, IN. I continue to serve as a research consultant for a personality disorder project at University of Notre Dame. I also assist Girls on the Run, Michiana, with data collection and program evaluation.
- Courses Taught
- Sauk Valley CC: - PSY103, Introduction to Psychology - PSY215, Social Psychology Northwestern U (TA): - CPSY411, Individuals and Systems, Psychodynamic Viewpoints - CPSY412, Group and Organizational Dynamics
- Northwestern University: M.A., Counseling Psychology Judson University: B.A., Psychology
- In my "free" time I enjoy running, reading and interior design.
- What I like most about SVCC
- I greatly value SVCC's mission of providing quality learning opportunities to meet the diverse needs of its students and community. It is imperative people have access to education, regardless of circumstances, and I'm thrilled to be a part of such an opportunity.
- My philosophy as an educator is to serve as a guide, or facilitator, of learning. I am a life long learner, gaining knowledge each semester, and aim to spark the same in my students.