Coordinator of Administrative Services and Computing
Sauk Valley Community College is a comprehensive community college located in a picturesque rural setting in northwestern Illinois. Located along the scenic Rock River, between the cities of Dixon and Sterling; the College is one hour from Rockford and the Quad Cities and two hours west of Chicago.
The Coordinator of Administrative Services and Computing will be responsible for the College's administrative databases including software and hardware. Requires on-call availability and performs upgrades/maintenance during off-hours. This is a full-time, twelve month position which has a liberal fringe benefits program.
We are looking for innovative individuals to join our Information Services team!
- Maintain and install the Banner and Oracle software.
- Monitor Banner/Oracle available upgrades and schedule with departments upgrade times.
- Monitor Banner and other Oracle database instances.
- Schedule and perform Oracle Backup/Restore procedures.
- Set up and maintain test instances of databases as needed.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures for monitoring and controlling access to the institutional Banner database and other institutional databases.
- Assist in the installation, management, performance and capacity planning of OS software/servers related to the administrative functions of the College.
- Serve as technical support for business intelligence tools.
- Installation and support of all Oracle and Banner web related products such as Oracle Fusion Middleware, Tomcat, Apache, etc.
- PL/SQL and shell scripting.
- Writes HTML/CSS as necessary to support the administrative software.
- Install/maintain operating systems on which administrative systems are installed (Linux, Windows, etc.).
- Writes and modifies Linux shell scripts as necessary for support of the administrative systems.
- Position requires on-call availability in case of system malfunctions and must perform upgrades and maintenance during off-hours.
- Performs PC support when necessary including Active Directory familiarity.
- Provide backup support for document imaging system.
- Provide backup support for Coordinator of Network Services and Computing.
- Assist the Dean in definition, acquisition, installation, and testing of new administrative software.
- Assume all reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Dean.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or comparable work experience required. Two (2) to three (3)years of managing Oracle 10g/11g or later. One (1) to three (3) years experience using Oracle Fusion Middleware, Apache Tomcat, HTML, CSS and other web tools. One (1) to three (3) years experience with Linux and Windows Server software.
Please apply on-line at svcc.edu/Job Opportunities using the "apply now" button. Review of applications will begin immediately and position will remain open until filled. Resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcripts is required. If you have questions, please contact us at:
SVCC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and is interested in receiving applications from individuals who would enhance the diversity of the College. Sauk Valley Community College is an institution of higher education that provides quality learning opportunities to meet the diverse needs of its students and communities.