Financial Assistance Advisor - MAP
Grade 5 - Support
Sauk Valley Community College invites applications from innovative individuals for an opening as a financial assistance advisor. This position advises students and performs general office activities related to student financial assistance. The College offers a liberal fringe benefits package, an on-site fitness center, and a 4–day workweek during the summer.
- Responsible for contact with parents, students, and community residents regarding Federal, State, and institutional financial assistance questions, eligibility, and procedures.
- Complete and review financial aid applications, determine student eligibility, collect/enter data, and package award funds for payment of tuition, fees, books, and supplies based on Federal, State and institutional regulations.
- Act as an alternate certifying official for veteran benefit information and certifications using VAONCE software.
- Maintain confidentiality of all students records/files and comply with FERPA/GLB regulations.
- Assist coordinator with ensuring the timely workflow of files to appropriate staff, printing award and documentation tracking letters, and the administration of the Federal work-study program.
- Responsible for training and supervision of office work-study students.
- Apply Federal PELL grant, supplemental educational opportunities grant, and work-study funds to student accounts.
- Verify and edit institutional student information reports, calculate adjusted eligibility, and transmit through Banner software.
- Responsible for submitting the monetary award program payment rosters electronically utilizing MAP software.
- Apply Federal PELL, SEOG, and monetary award program funds to student accounts using SCT Banner software.
- Assist applicants in completing free application for Federal student aid, all applicable scholarship applications, Federal and State veteran benefit applications, and required Federal verification materials.
- Assist coordinator with standards of academic progress program and State monetary award program payment rosters ensuring accurate rewarding and reconciliation of State funds.
- Assist coordinator with determining violations of the satisfactory academic progress policy.
- Assist coordinator with reconciliation of State programs in coordination with business office; and identifying and resolving discrepancies regarding grants.
- Assist coordinator in the completion of all State and Federal related surveys and questionnaires.
- Assist coordinator with working with the foundation department in the vertification of scholarship awards, notifying students, and maintaining files for auditors.
- Assist coordinator in working with the high school students in processing the Sauk scholar program.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the coordinator.
Associate's degree and two years of financial aid experience is required. Three years in a community college setting is preferred. Must have the ability to represent the College and financial assistance office in a professional manner. Experience with word processing software required; experience in VACert, EdConnect, Great Lakes, and Banner financial software preferred. Strong internal, written, and oral communication skills and ability to work in a stressful, fast-paced work environment are required. Some supervisory experience is desirable.
Review of applications will begin immediately; however, to ensure full consideration please submit application materials by March 9, 2014. On-line application, cover letter, unofficial transcripts, and resume are required. Please apply on-line at Sauk’s website at www.svcc.edu (click on job opportunities).
SVCC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and is interested in receiving applications from individuals who would enhance the diversity of the College. Sauk Valley Community College is an institution of higher education that provides quality learning opportunities to meet the diverse needs of its students and communities.