GRADE:Support - Grade 2
CATEGORY:Part-time Support Staff
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Operate the main switchboard and perform general receptionist duties for the College; perform general distribution and processing of in-house and outside mail in the mailboxes of all employees and departments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate the main switchboard for the College, including transferring calls to appropriate employees and departments; take messages, assist in the placement of outgoing calls, and provide routine general information upon request.
- Assist visitors to the College with directions to specific rooms and information.
- Handle all emergency calls to ambulance, fire department, sheriff or State police.
- Assist with conference call set-ups for faculty and staff.
- Maintain contact with security personnel by phone and/or radio.
- Maintain petty cash to replace money lost in vending machines on campus.
- Maintain "Lost and Found" items left at the College; place new items in collection and keep log of items.
- Assist as required in the notification of students when classes are canceled.
- Collect, log, and turn in funds for College-related functions.
- Maintain archival files of newspaper articles and College publications as needed.
- Assist the other departments with projects as requested.
- Train and supervise work-study students.
- Back-up the administrative assistant to the Information Center as needed.
- Back-up the operation of the mailroom and shipping/receiving, including but not limited to processing outgoing mail and packages, receiving incoming mail and packages, and delivery of packages to appropriate personnel.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must be able to communicate by telephone on a daily basis.
- Must be able to provide and understand verbal/visual information from supervisor and to community area personnel and general public.
- Must be able to operate computers.
- Must be able to operate basic office equipment including 2-way radios.
Frequent interaction and personal contact is made with all levels of College personnel, students, public, and outside organizations in relation to routine departmental services and duties in providing appropriate assistance and information as requested.
Functional supervision is exercised over designated work-study students. Office procedures are coordinated with the supervisor and the Information Center Administrative Assistant.
High school diploma or GED required and one (1) year of clerical experience required. Associates is preferred. Demonstrated success in communication, interpersonal and computer skills required. Ability to work independently, maintain a high level of confidentiality, and respond maturely in emergency situations required.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.