TITLE:Dean of Information and Security
DEPARTMENT:Information Technology Services
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Serves as the Chief Information Officer, Chief Information Security Officer, and Chief Safety Officer of the College. The major areas of responsibility include supervision and administration of College-wide computing and information services, telecommunications, instructional technology, cybersecurity, emergency preparedness, and physical campus security.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the Chief Information Officer and Chief Information Security Officer for the College. (40%) a. Oversee the purchase, maintenance, and security of all administrative and academic technologies including computers, printers, copiers, and communication. b. Oversee the installation and maintenance of College software, including the student information system, document management system, and learning management system. c. Administer and provide recommendations for policy and procedures concerning information services, technology, and communications. d. Chair the Information Security Committee, maintain the Information Security Plan, and prepare the annual Information Security report to the President and the Board. *
- Serve as the Chief Safety Officer for the College. (60%) a. Serve as liaison with Lee County Sheriff’s Office for administration of College Resource Officer program. * b. Nurture relationships with public safety agencies, including emergency management agencies, health departments, fire departments, and law enforcement agencies within the SVCC district. * c. Administer and provide recommendations for policy and procedures concerning emergency preparedness and security. * d. Administer the annual compliance training program for employees. * e. Collaborate with the Vice President of Business Services to maintain the College’s Risk Management Plan. * f. Lead College’s emergency management planning efforts and maintain the Emergency Operations Plan. * g. Chair the Violence and Crime Prevention Committee and maintain the Violence Prevention Plan. *
- Serve as a member of the administrative team, including service on the President’s Cabinet and Leadership Council.
- Represent the College at relevant statewide community college professional organizations.
- Prepare annual budget requests; manage and maintain the budgets for supervised areas.
- Develop annual goals and objectives for supervised areas.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
- Must be able to provide verbal/visual presentations.
- Must be able to work with computers.
- Must be able to work non-standard hours.
Frequent contact is made with all levels of College personnel, students, the general public, and outside organizations in relation to routine departmental services and duties and in providing appropriate assistance and information as requested.
Administrative and functional supervision is exercised over the Director of Information Technology Services, Assistant to Information and Security, and Campus Safety and Security Officers.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.