Sauk Valley Community College is a comprehensive community college located in a picturesque rural setting in northwestern Illinois. Located along the scenic Rock River, between the cities of Dixon and Sterling; the College is one hour from Rockford and the Quad Cities and two hours west of Chicago.
SVCC invites applications from innovative individuals for a marketing coordinator opening. The marketing coordinator is responsible for the administration and coordination of marketing and public relations for the College. This is a full-time, twelve month position which has a liberal fringe benefits program. Some evenings and weekends are required.
- Develop and evaluate effectiveness of a marketing plan that supports the College mission and strategic plan.
- Propose and follow a college budget that supports the marketing plan.
- Develop, lead, and coordinate appropriate marketing activities throughout all segments of the College while maintaining the College's brand.
- Develop and prepare publications and provide editorial services and serve as graphics and publications consultant to the institution.
- Coordinate all media relations efforts and promotional activities and assist with various special events.
- Represent the Marketing Department by attending special events. ceremonial functions, special activities, and promotional campaigns as requested.
- Ensure that a current media contact list is maintained and cultivate source relationships with external (e.g. , community members, media, alumni, marketing vendors) and internal constituencies (e.g., students, employees, Board members).
- Serve as the public relations contact and the Public Information Officer.
- Develop, maintain, and monitor the College social media networks (e.g., Facebook. Twitter, YouTube).
- Update College website with appropriate marketing information.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Dean.
Bachelor's degree required. Master's preferred, with emphasis in communications, marketing, or public relations. Demonstrated success in public relations and marketing, preferably in a college setting.
Review of applications will begin immediately; however, to ensure full consideration please submit application materials by March 9, 2014. On-line application, cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcripts are required.
SVCC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and is interested in receiving applications from individuals who would enhance the diversity of the College. Sauk Valley Community College is an institution of higher education that provides quality learning opportunities to meet the diverse needs of its students and communities.