The Sauk Valley Community College Alan Pfeifer Natural Science Scholarship was established to commemorate the years of service by Alan Pfeifer to Sauk Valley Community College. The scholarship will be awarded to a full-time, second year student who will complete an associate degree at SVCC in a natural science.
- Full-time, second year Sauk Valley Community College student - does not include dual credit students. Major in natural science or pre-professional degree program who will complete that educational program at SVCC. Minimum GPA of 3.0 which must be maintained for entire length of scholarship. · Financial need as determined by the SVCC Financial Aid Department. Student cannot receive any other tuition waivers (i.e. Sauk Scholars, Dislocated Workers, and Athletics, etc.). Citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- One (1) academic year full tuition waiver, fall and spring semesters only, and a $500.00 book stipend.
- Qualifying Expenses:
- Tuition, books and fees. No part of this scholarship will be awarded to the recipient, all unused funds will be returned to the Sauk Valley College Foundation.
- Application Requirements:
- Complete the SVCC Alan Pfeifer Natural Science Scholarship Application. Submit a one page essay on the topics below: • What most intrigues you about your chosen field in science? • How did your interest in science start? • What activities and classes have you participated in that are helping you to achieve your academic goals? Submit unofficial transcript with completed course hours listed and current GPA. Provide a letter of recommendation from at least one (1) SVCC natural science instructor. Make sure FAFSA is on file with SVCC Financial Aid Department.