The Sauk Valley Community College American Legion Post 12 Endowment for Teaching is an annual scholarship established to assist one or more student(s) enrolled in the one of the following education programs: Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education or Secondary Education program (not special education) at Sauk Valley Community College.
- Student must be a U.S. citizen. Student should be enrolled in the SVCC Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education or Secondary Education programs. Student must have financial need as determined by the SVCC Financial Aid Department. Student must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5. Applicant is NOT eligible for this scholarship if on a level 3 “suspension” or higher.
- One (1) scholarship at $1,000.00 awarded to the recipient with the highest GPA. Two (2) scholarships at $500.00 each awarded to the recipient with the next highest GPA. Four (4) scholarships at $250.00 each awarded to the recipient with the next highest GPA.
- Qualifying Expenses:
- Tuition, books, and fees. If all these expenses are satisfied and approved by the foundation, the balance of the scholarship may be used for personal expenses such as child care or any unmet financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). All unused funds will be returned to the Sauk Valley College Foundation.
- Application Requirements:
- Complete the SVCC American Legion Post 12 Endowment for Teaching Application. Submit a 1 page essay on the importance of education to the future of America. Submit unofficial transcript to confirm GPA and declared major. Must have FAFSA on file with SVCC Financial Aid Department.