The SVCC Carol Chandler Nursing scholarship seeks to help single parent female nursing students pursue their education at Sauk Valley Community College. Carol Chandler will say to every person, "Don't take your eye off your goal." She never did. She worked full-time, raised three children and went to school. After earning degree at Sauk Valley Community College in 1976, Carol dedicated over thirty years to the healthcare field as a registered nurse. During this time she also earned her bachelor's degree in nursing. Carol started this scholarship to inspire students reach their goals too.
- Full-time Sauk Valley Community College student- does not include dual credit high school students. Single Parent Female. Must have a GPA of 2.0 or higher. Student must be pursuing a career in one of the following programs: Associate Degree Nursing, Licensed Practical Nurse, Nursing. Must have financial need as determined by the SVCC Financial Aid Department.
- One (1) scholarship at $250.00
- Qualifying Expenses:
- Tuition, books and fees. No part of this scholarship will be awarded to the recipient, all unused funds will be returned to the Donor.
- Application Requirements:
- Complete the SVCC Carol Chandler Nursing Scholarship Application. Submit a 1 page essay on the impact an education can make on the life of a single parent. Submit an unofficial transcript to verify GPA. Must have FAFSA on file in SVCC Financial Aid Department.