The Sauk Valley Community College Doris Welty Memorial Scholarship is an annual scholarship established to assist one or more Sauk Valley Community College student(s) who graduated from Amboy High School and is pursuing a career in the health professions field.
- Student must be pursuing a career in one of the following programs: Associate Degree Nursing, Licensed Practical Nurse, Nursing, and Radiologic Technology. Student must be a graduate of Amboy High School.
- One (1) scholarship at $600.00.
- Qualifying Expenses:
- Tuition, books and fees. No part of this scholarship will be awarded to the recipient, all unused funds will be returned to the Sauk Valley College Foundation.
- Application Requirements:
- Complete the Doris Welty Memorial Scholarship Application. Submit a 200 word essay on the importance of a career in the health professions field. Must have FAFSA on file in SVCC Financial Aid Department.