The Sauk Valley Community College Edward S. Murphy Medical Scholarship is an annual scholarship established to assist one or more students at Sauk Valley Community College pursuing a career in one of the health professions listed below.
- Sauk Valley Community College student pursuing a career in one of the following programs: Associate degree in Nursing, Licensed Practical Nurse, Nursing, Radiologic Technology, Pre-Professional Medical, Pre Physical Therapy, or Occupational Therapy. Does not include dual credit high school students. Applicant is NOT eligible for this scholarship if on a level 3 “suspension” or higher.
- Four (4) scholarships at $500.00 each.
- Qualifying Expenses:
- Tuition, books and fees. No part of this scholarship will be awarded to the recipient, all unused funds will be returned to the Sauk Valley College Foundation.
- Application Requirements:
- Complete the SVCC Edward S. Murphy Medical Scholarship Application. Submit a 200 word essay on your reasons for pursuing a career in the healthcare field and how receipt of this scholarship will help you reach your goals. Must have a completed FAFSA on file in SVCC Financial Aid Department.