The Hallie Lovering Eddy Scholarship was created in memory of a wonderful, hardworking woman who spent her life supporting her family through very hard times. Her family seeks to help single parents pursuing their degree in nursing at Sauk Valley Community College with expenses such as tuition, books, and equipment needed for classes.
- Full-time Sauk Valley Community College student. Must be a single parent with children living in the home. GPA of 2.0 or higher. Student must be pursuing a career in one of the following programs; Associate Degree Nursing, Licensed Practical Nursing, or Nursing.
- One (1) scholarship at $250.00.
- Qualifying Expenses:
- Tuition, books and fees. Other expenses such as equipment needed for classes will be reimbursable with receipt of expense. No part of this scholarship will be awarded to the recipient, all unused funds will be returned to the Sauk Valley College Foundation.
- Application Requirements:
- Complete the Hallie Lovering Eddy Scholarship Application. Submit a 1 page essay on the impact of an education can make on the life of a single parent. Submit an unofficial transcript to verify GPA and major. Must have FAFSA on file in SVCC Financial Aid Department.