The Sauk Valley Community College Scott & Vivian Hitchcock Memorial Scholarship is an annual scholarship established to assist one or more students pursuing a career in nursing at Sauk Valley Community College.
- Sauk Valley Community College student pursuing a career in one of the following programs: Associate Degree Nursing, Licensed Practical Nurse, or Nursing. Financial need as determined by the SVCC Financial Aid Department. Student must have demonstrated academic achievement with a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Preference given to a resident of Sterling, IL or Rock Falls, IL. If no qualified applicants, then resident of SVCC district. Preference given to a re-entry student if among applicants. Does not include dual credit high school students. Applicant is NOT eligible for this scholarship if on a level 3 “suspension” or higher.
- One (1) scholarship at $450.00.
- Qualifying Expenses:
- Tuition, books and fees. No part of this scholarship will be awarded to the recipient, all unused funds will be returned to the Sauk Valley College Foundation.
- Application Requirements:
- Complete the SVCC Scott & Vivian Hitchcock Memorial Scholarship Application. Submit a 200 word essay on how you plan to use your education in nursing. Submit unofficial transcript with completed course hours listed, current GPA, and declared major. Must have a completed FAFSA on file in SVCC Financial Aid Department.