The Sauk Valley Community College Jean M Powers Combs Health Career Scholarship is an annual scholarship established to assist one or more Sauk Valley Community College student(s) who is a veteran, spouse of a veteran, or child of a veteran, pursuing a career in the human health professions field.
- Student must be pursuing a certificate or degree in one of the following programs: Associate Degree Nursing, Licensed Practical Nurse, Nursing, Certified Nursing Assistant, Radiologic Technology, Pre-Professional Medical, Pre Physical Therapy, or Occupational Therapy.* *Preference will be given to students accepted into the Nursing or Radiologic Technician program. Student must be a veteran or a spouse or child of a veteran. Student must have demonstrated academic achievement with GPA of 3.0 or higher. Student must have financial need as determined by the SVCC Financial Aid Department. Applicant is NOT eligible for this scholarship if on a level 3 “suspension” or higher.
- One (1) scholarship at $500.00.
- Qualifying Expenses:
- Tuition, books and fees. No part of this scholarship will be awarded to the recipient, all unused funds will be returned to the Sauk Valley College Foundation.
- Application Requirements:
- Complete the Jean M Powers Combs Health Career Scholarship Application. Submit a 200 word essay on the importance of a career in the health professions field. Submit unofficial transcript to confirm GPA and declared major. Must have FAFSA on file in SVCC Financial Aid Department.