The Sauk Valley Community College Jerry Weston Mathis Memorial Scholarship is an annual scholarship established to assist one or more Sauk Valley Community College student(s) who plan to major in Performing Arts or Speech/Communication with educational related expenses of tuition, books and fees.
- Full-time student at Sauk Valley Community College. Majoring in theatre arts, communication/speech, or performance studies.
- Two (2) scholarship at $500.00.
- Qualifying Expenses:
- Tuition, books and fees. No part of this scholarship will be awarded to the recipient, all unused funds will be returned to the Sauk Valley College Foundation.
- Application Requirements:
- Complete the SVCC Jerry Weston Mathis Memorial Scholarship Application. Submit a one (1) page essay discussing how performing arts or communications/speech has impacted your life and how it may impact you in the future. Also, emphasize your future plans. Submit a letter of recommendation from your high school/college performing arts or communications/speech teacher. Must have FAFSA on file with SVCC Financial Aid Department.