The Sauk Valley Community College Juanita Prescott Scholarship was established to assist one or more Sauk Valley Community College second year, degree seeking students planning to transfer to a 4-year college/university. They must mirror the qualities of self-improvement, community involvement, and curiosity which Juanita possessed and shared with all around her.
- Full-time, second year SVCC student. Enrolled in AA or AS transfer degree program. GPA of 3.0 or higher. Must be involved in either community or school extracurricular activities.
- Two (2) scholarship of $625.00.
- Qualifying Expenses:
- Tuition, books and fees. No part of this scholarship will be awarded to the recipient, all unused funds will be returned to the Sauk Valley College Foundation.
- Application Requirements:
- Complete the SVCC Juanita Prescott Scholarship application. Submit a 200 word essay on how your involvement in either school or community activities have helped shape your goals for the future. One (1) letter of recommendation from a leader of an activity in which you have been involved. Unofficial transcript to verify completed credit hours, GPA, and degree program. Must have FAFSA on file with the SVCC Financial Aid Department.