The Sauk Valley Community College Lee County 40 & 8 Voiture 409 Endowment for Nursing is an annual scholarship established to assist one or more Sauk Valley Community College student(s) pursuing a certificate or degree in one of the following programs: RN, LPN, or CNA.
- Student must be a U.S. citizen. Student should be enrolled in ADN, LPN, or CNA programs. Students in the ADN Program will receive priority consideration. Those with LPN or CNA certification with good GPA can receive priority over those who are new students in the LPN or CNA program. Student must have financial need as determined by the SVCC Financial Aid Department. Student must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- One (1) scholarship at $1,000.00 awarded to the recipient with the highest GPA. Two (2) scholarships at $500.00 awarded to the recipient with next highest GPA. Two (2) scholarships at $250.00 awarded to the recipient with next highest GPA.
- Qualifying Expenses:
- Tuition, books, and fees. If all these expenses are satisfied and approved by the foundation, the balance of the scholarship may be used for personal expenses such as child care or any unmet financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). All unused funds will be returned to the Sauk Valley College Foundation.
- Application Requirements:
- Complete the SVCC Lee County 40 & 8 Voiture 409 Endowment for Nursing Application. Submit a 1 page essay on the importance of being a nurse. Submit unofficial transcript to confirm GPA and declared major. Must have FAFSA on file with SVCC Financial Aid Department.