The Sauk Valley Community College Anonymous Minority/International Student Scholarship is an annual scholarship established to assist one or more minority/international student(s) at Sauk. Valley Community College that show good character and strong academic potential.
- Minority/international* student(s) that show good character and strong academic potential. *All persons classified as Black, Hispanic, American Indian or Alaskan Native, and Asian or Pacific Islander. BLACK: (Not of Hispanic origin) A racial category of persons with origins in any of the Black racial groups of Africa, Jamaica, the West Indies, and Haiti. HISPANIC: An ethnic category of persons of Spanish culture or origin regardless of race. These are persons of Puerto Rican, Mexican, Cuban, Dominican and Spanish ancestry. Spanish ancestry includes Spain and any of the Spanish speaking countries of Central and South America. AMERICAN INDIAN OR ALASKAN NATIVE: A racial category of persons that can document themselves as 1\4 degree of Indian ancestry and are members of a federally recognized North American Indian tribe. ASIAN OR PACIFIC ISLANDER: A racial category of persons with origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, the Indian Subcontinent and the Pacific Islands. These areas include China, Japan, Korea, the Philippine Republic, Vietnam, India, Hawaii, Guam, and Samoa.
- One (1) scholarship at $500.00
- Qualifying Expenses:
- Tuition and fees. No part of this scholarship will be awarded to the recipient, all unused funds will be returned to the Sauk Valley College Foundation.
- Application Requirements:
- Complete the SVCC Minority/International Student Scholarship Application. Submit a 200 word essay on your future goals and how receipt of this scholarship will impact those goals. Provide 1 character reference letters. Submit an unofficial transcript to verify GPA. Must have FAFSA on file in SVCC Financial Aid Department.