The Sauk Valley Community College Polo Lions Club Scholarship is an annual scholarship established by the Polo Lions Club to assist one or more degree seeking Sauk Valley Community College student(s) from Polo Community High School with educational related expenses.
- Graduate of Polo Community High School. Sauk Valley Community College student seeking an AS/AA or AAS degree. Student must be in second year of college – 24 credit hours or more. Must be employed minimum part-time – 15 hours per week. Minimum GPA of 3.0 or above.
- One (1) scholarship at $500.00 each.
- Qualifying Expenses:
- Tuition, books and fees. No part of this scholarship will be awarded to the recipient, all unused funds will be returned to the Sauk Valley College Foundation.
- Application Requirements:
- Complete the SVCC Polo Lions Club Scholarship Application. Submit a 200 word essay on the impact your local Lions club has on the community. Reference letter from advisor or club leader detailing your extracurricular involvement. Verification of employment – paycheck or letter from employer with contact information. Unofficial transcript to verify credit hours, GPA, and degree/major. Must have FAFSA on file in SVCC Financial Aid Department.