The Sauk Valley Community College Rock River Insurance Health Career Scholarship is an annual scholarship established assist one or more Sauk Valley Community College student(s) pursuing a degree in one of the health professions listed below.
- Student must have graduated from a high school and reside in Bureau, Carroll, Lee, Ogle, or Whiteside counties. Does not include dual credit high school students. Student must have financial need as determined by the SVCC Financial Aid Department. Student must have demonstrated academic achievement with GPA of 3.0 or higher. Student must be pursuing a degree in one of the following programs: Associate Degree Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, Nursing, Radiologic Technology, Pre-Professional Medical, Pre-Physical Therapy, or Occupational Therapy.
- One (1) scholarship at $350.00.
- Qualifying Expenses:
- Tuition, books and fees. No part of this scholarship will be awarded to the recipient, all unused funds will be returned to the Sauk Valley College Foundation.
- Application Requirements:
- Complete the SVCC Rock River Insurance Health Career Application. Submit a 1 page essay on why you are pursuing a degree in the health professions field. Submit unofficial transcript to verify GPA. Must have FAFSA on file with SVCC Financial Aid Department.