The Sauk Valley Community College Scott & Vivian Hitchcock Memorial Scholarship is an annual scholarship established to assist one or more students pursuing a career in nursing at Sauk Valley Community College.
- Sauk Valley Community College student pursuing a certificate or degree in the LPN or RN program. Student has financial need as determined by the SVCC Financial Aid Department. Student must have demonstrated academic achievement. Preference given to a resident of Sterling, IL or Rock Falls, IL. If no qualified applicants, then resident of SVCC district; and preference given to a re-entry student if among applicants.
- Two (2) scholarships at $800.00 each.
- Qualifying Expenses:
- Tuition, books and fees. All unused funds will be returned to the Sauk Valley College Foundation.
- Application Requirements:
- Complete the SVCC Scott & Vivian Hitchcock Memorial Scholarship Application. Submit unofficial transcript with completed course hours listed, current GPA, and declared major. Submit a 200 word essay on how you plan to use your education in nursing. Must have a completed FAFSA on file in SVCC Financial Aid Department.