The Sauk Valley Community College Single Mother Scholarship was established to assist single mothers attending Sauk Valley Community College with educational expenses of child care and gas.
- Sauk Valley Community College non-traditional female student. Must be a single mother with child(ren) living with them. GPA must be 2.0 or higher. Must have completed at least 50% of all courses attempted at SVCC.
- Five (5) scholarships at $500.00 each. $250.00 for child care expense reimbursement and $250.00 in gas cards.
- Qualifying Expenses:
- Child care and gas. Child care reimbursement will be awarded to the recipient upon presentation of receipt of expense. Gas cards will be available for pickup weekly in the foundation office. All unused funds will be returned to the Sauk Valley College Foundation.
- Application Requirements:
- Complete the SVCC Single Mother Scholarship Application. Submit a 200 word essay on how receipt of this scholarship will help you change your future and the future of your family. Submit unofficial transcript to verify grade point average and course completion. Must have FAFSA on file in SVCC Financial Aid Department.