The Sauk Valley Community College Single Parent Committee Single Parent Scholarship was established to assist single parents attending Sauk Valley Community College with educational expenses.
- Sauk Valley Community College single parent students – does not include dual credit high school students. Must be a single parent with child(ren) living with them. GPA must be 2.0 or higher. Applicant is NOT eligible for this scholarship if on a level 3 “suspension” or higher.
- Four(4) scholarships at $300.00 each.
- Qualifying Expenses:
- Tuition, books, and fees. No part of this scholarship will be awarded to the recipient, all unused funds will be returned to the Sauk Valley College Foundation.
- Application Requirements:
- Complete the SVCC Single Parent Scholarship Application. Submit a 200 word essay on how receipt of this scholarship will help you change your future and the future of your family. Submit unofficial transcript to verify grade point average. Must have FAFSA on file in SVCC Financial Aid Department – application will not be considered if FAFSA has not been filed.