Back See this section in context: Criterion 5 Core Component 5D
5D.6: Programs Meet Continuing Education Needs
Sauk meets the continuing educational needs of licensed professionals primarily through its Coordinator of Business and Community Education. The college currently offers programs for the following:
- Food Sanitation (recertification)
- Teachers (continuing personal development classes)
- OSHA training (certificate classes)
- Nursing Home Administrators (continuing personal development classes)
- Child Care Providers (continuing personal development classes).
In addition, Sauk has partnered with other providers:
- University of Illinois to conduct Childcare University for childcare workers
- Ed2Go and Gatlin Education to offer an array of online courses
- Health Educators of the Rock River Valley, a consortium of regional health-care providers, to provide about 9 continuing education credits per year for nurses.
Sauk continues to explore opportunities and will provide the following new continuing education opportunities during the fall 2011 semester:
- real estate brokers licensure for real estate agents
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) human resource certification courses
- a boot camp for board members of not-for-profit agencies.